How EFT heals PTSD
“P.T.S.D. doesn't make you weak. It makes you a survivor.” DaShanne Stokes
While I was in the second year of my college, I suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
PTSD defined as a mental health problem that can result from experiencing extreme stressful situations like war, accident or even sexual assault (1).
While this is one of the more traumatic symptoms of stress, unwanted emotions in daily life can also bring disease, a sense of low self esteem, breakdown in relationships and even career decisions not in our best interests.
In such a situation, it is really important to have a practical tool to be able to eliminate any unwanted emotional residue.
What I experienced is while I went through life experiencing many unwanted emotions such as anger, hatred, stress, and even a phobia of gas cylinders, what helped me most was attending training in EFT in Emotional Freedom Techniques (2).
EFT is very effective in reducing PTSD symptoms. The reasons are mentioned below:
- EFT helps to reduce stress by making your body calmer. This helps your body to shift all your systems to a more relaxed state of functioning.
- EFT helps to reduce the intensity of the Emotional Trauma.
- EFT changes the way in which our brain processes emotional information that causes PTSD.
There was a recent study done on war veterans with symptoms of PTSD.
What was proven was that EFT (3) was effective in eliminating symptoms of EFT and in one clinical trial, veterans’ symptoms dropped by 64% after just 6 hour long sessions.
Some of the symptoms of PTSD include constant nightmares, insomnia, anger, disconnecting from the external world and in extreme cases even causing self harm.
In such a situation a 64% drop in the symptoms could be life transformational!
Infact, Kaiser Permanente is one of the largest hospital systems in the US, taking care of more than 10 million patients each year, say that EFT treats PTSD successfully in 10 sessions or less.
A sergeant who served as a US Army Medic in Desert Storm says, “After EFT I feel released from an emotional prison. My severe hyper-vigilance has been dissolved. I now frequently experience joy and happiness. Mental blocks to creativity and prosperity have been removed.”
Learn how EFT Tapping heals
Emotional Freedom Techniques (tapping) is clinically proven to lower stress, tension, anxiety, past-trauma to enable health, happiness and vitality.
In conclusion, EFT is an extremely scientific tool to help even symptoms such as PTSD.
Just Imagine if such profound transformations can occur in war veterans, how much more can you benefit from using EFT in your life.
In summary, EFT is very powerful tool to deal with the symptoms of PTSD. By using EFT Tapping to reduce tension, promote a deeper mind-body connection, and manage symptoms of anxiety, depression or stress.
Learn Emotional Freedom Techniques for self healing or to become professionally qualified - More
Our other seminars:
For the full calendar of events.
Other articles you may be interested in:
- Here’s the proof- EFT Works!
- Heartbreak? 4 steps to heal
- The power to heal is in your hand!
- After years of a dairy allergy, EFT cleared it and my dust allergy!
- What did you do the last time you were stressed? Did you know it can be eliminated
- How healing your wound from the core can set you free!
- Stress?10 tips to lose stress and gain health
- How important is energy? 3 daily exercises to boost your