How To Overcome Insecurity With EFT?
EFT tapping for insecurity
Have you ever been plagued by insecurity and doubt? Has the need to feel safe been more important than living your dreams? Learn how to overcome the trap of feeling insecure and become confident and self assured.
Recently, I was working with a client via Skype in London and the issue of insecurity came up. On one hand he felt confident in his job, but at the same time he found himself doubting and questioning his decisions and abilities.
As we delved deeper into the situation, we uncovered what was underlying the insecurity - it was fear.
I asked him to embrace his fear and surround it with love and acceptance. We use a tapping process known as Emotional Freedom Technique.
- Even though I feel really insecure and I do not trust myself, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- Even though I have fear of the fear and I am not sure I can accept or welcome it, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- Even though I am scared of taking decisions in case something goes wrong, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- Even though I feel incompetent and that is why I feel insecure, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
New to EFT? Learn how Emotional Freedom Technique Tapping heals.
Emotional Freedom Techniques (tapping) is clinically proven to lower stress, tension, anxiety, past-trauma to enable health, happiness and vitality.
What transpired next, was my client unveiled a memory of when he was 5 years old and was in kindergarten in Hong Kong.
He felt like an outsider where the other children did not want to be friends with him.
Outcast and not included, he thought there was something wrong with him. He felt punished, unaccepted and unloved.
It caused him to withdraw into a shell away from people. He surrounded himself with a false blanket of safety and became an introvert; barely talking or communicating.
While my first session with him was when he was 47 years old, he shared how even to this day, he is scared of attending social gatherings, in case he might not be liked or accepted by people.
We then specifically tapped on his fear of rejection, as it was the real reason why he withdrew into his shell. This fear of rejection had also kept him from having a healthy relationship and career satisfaction.
EFT Tapping on the rejection
- Even though the truth is that I felt rejected by my classmates, and that fear of getting rejected has stayed with me for so long that I reject situations and relationships even before they can reject me;
- Even though I do not like feeling rejected, suppose, somehow, I could have compassion for myself;
- Even though I avoid being rejected and would rather stay away from people in my own world, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
After tapping on the memory I asked my client how was he feeling.
He said he was feeling calmer and what he really wanted now was to feel confident in himself, his decisions and to calm his questioning, doubting mind.
TAPPING TO QUIETEN A DOUBTING MIND AND to FEEL SELF-CONFIDENT
- Even though I doubt myself and question my abilities, suppose somehow I could trust myself
- Even though I over-analyse situations, I am open to the possibility of accepting what is
- Even though I did not feel self confident, that was then and this is now, I choose to feel confident in myself and my abilities.
how to overcome insecurity with eft tapping
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT): EFT Tapping to overcome insecurity.
So in closing, the steps to release insecurity and feel self confident are:
- Tap on the reasons behind the insecurity
- Explore root memories
- Complete the session with positive tapping sequences to embed self confidence
Dr Rangana Rupavi Choudhuri (PhD)
P.S. Want to discover if EFT is right for you? Book a Complimentary Discovery Call.
How To Self-Heal & Become An EFT Practitioner
Discover how EFT Tapping can help you to self-heal or to become professionally qualified as a Certified EFT Practitioner. Emotional Freedom Techniques (Tapping) is clinically proven to lower stress, tension, anxiety, past trauma to enable health, happiness and vitality.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is purely for educational purposes and does not in any way replace the requirement for medical and psychological diagnosis and treatment. Please seek professional medical and psychological diagnosis and advice for all medical and mental health conditions. It is advised to always book any consultations with qualified professionals.
Learn Emotional Freedom Techniques for self-healing or to become professionally qualified - More
Our other seminars:
For the full calendar of events.
Other articles you may be interested in: