Want to quit Smoking? Learn how
“Smoking is the perfect way to commit suicide, without actually dying.” Damien Hirst
How many times have we heard or seen the warning, “Cigarette smoking is Injurious to health”.
In 2016 alone the annual deaths, as a result of smoking-related diseases were 7.1 million worldwide. Pheww that’s a really big number (1).
What’s alarming is that this number is rising steadily.
Of the 7.1 million, 884,000 deaths were of those exposed to second-hand smoking (People that do not smoke but inhale other’s smoke)(1).
Of Course, smoking is your choice. But you can make a healthy choice too. For yourself and your loved ones.
Research shows that (2):
Some of the negative effects of smoking are:
- Harm and damage to the body’s internal organs.
- Cancer – Mouth, throat, kidney, bladder, stomach, lungs to name a few.
- Heart disease – Aortic aneurysm, Stroke, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease)
- Age-related Macular degeneration
- Around 20-25 years ago, India launched an anti-smoking campaign that had the lines, “With a cigarette in my hand, I felt like a man”. Contradictory to this smoking also causes impotence in men.
- Pregnant women who smoke have a higher risk of a premature birth, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, low birth weight and a baby born with a cleft palate or cleft lip. The list just goes on and on
If it feels lovely to just pick up that cigarette light it and blow out a nice puff of smoke, chances are you might be addicted to it.
And why would you want to give up something that feels so lovely to you?
There may be times that you do want to quit, but are unable to do so. You’ve tried so many things however nothing works. In such a situation, an addiction may be difficult to break because addictive substances and highly intense actions trigger the release of dopamine in the individual’s brain (3).
Sometimes, it may just be a secondary gain holding you back for example, wanting to be a loner (The cigarette smoke driving people around you away) or even gaining confidence. Sometimes it might just be your way of relaxing after a stressful day.
The important thing to remember is that ‘You must give up smoking only once you have convinced yourself that you do want to give it up.’ If you haven’t convinced yourself enough, you might just not have that permanent change you desire.
If you have convinced yourself to give up smoking though, Here are the steps you can use to give up smoking for good:
- Take a cigarette in your hand. No, don’t light it yet. Just hold on to it. Smell it. Notice your thoughts and feeling while you do it.
- Visualize yourself just one second before you light that cigarette. What are the thoughts and feelings going through you?
- On a scale of 1-10 how bad is your craving, 1 being you don’t crave for it. 10 being you just want to light it right now.
- Once you know your level of craving, start the EFT Tapping sequence. To know what the tapping sequence is or how to frame your sentences while using EFT just download our Free Booklet
- It is also very important to constantly generate good feelings to keep your addiction at bay. For example, How do you feel now that you don’t need a cigarette?
Now that you’re free, How about helping your friends and family members using the techniques taught in EFT to become free from addictions too?
In conclusion, EFT is not only effective in helping you get rid of your addictions, it also helps you understand what are the feelings or emotions that led to the addiction in the first place. In other words, by using EFT, you are eliminating your addiction from its root cause.
What’s more, is there is clinical proof behind the effectiveness EFT as an effective adjunct to addiction treatment by reducing the severity of general psychological distress (4).
If you want to help others, eliminate addictions, stress, disease and live a life full of vitality, Join the 3 Day EFT Seminar in various cities to become a Practitioner.
Love Dr Rangana Rupavi Choudhuri (PhD) with Team Vitality
Learn Emotional Freedom Techniques for self healing or to become professionally qualified - More
Our other seminars:
For the full calendar of events.
Other articles you may be interested in:
- Here’s the proof- EFT Works!
- Heartbreak? 4 steps to heal
- The power to heal is in your hand!
- After years of a dairy allergy, EFT cleared it and my dust allergy!
- What did you do the last time you were stressed? Did you know it can be eliminated
- How healing your wound from the core can set you free!
- Stress?10 tips to lose stress and gain health
- How important is energy? 3 daily exercises to boost your