How to reduce weight easily – Steps to eliminate cravings
“Successful weight loss takes programming, not willpower”. – Phil McGraw
My mother always told me, “If you crave something, your body is asking for it and you should eat it.”
And boy did I follow that advice without any prejudice.
Of course she forgot to add the little ‘if’s’ and ‘buts’ of eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.
The result – I found myself standing in front of the mirror one day, asking myself, “Where did all these saddle bags come from?”
And then my struggle against weight really started. I tried everything from fad diets to exercise and even consideration for surgery.
I didn’t really loose significant weight inspite of all these and eventually let go of them.
I wondered why didn’t all these methods work? What was I doing wrong?
The answer struck me like a lightning bolt, I had indulged in my cravings.
Oh the love that the dark gooey bar of chocolate, or the tub of ice-cream gave me couldn’t be compared to any good feeling.
No matter what I tried, it was so difficult to not indulge.
It was only when I attended the 3 days EFT Training, that I realised that it was really simple to let go of my cravings.
Here are the steps that I learnt with a qualified EFT Trainer that helped me let go of my cravings and reduce weight.
- The most important and the first step is to recognize something that you really crave for and understanding that you can eliminate this craving only if you want to .
- The next step is to have that substance with you. No dont eat it yet. Just hold it in your hand. Smell it if required and notice the thoughts or feelings while you do this.
- On as scale of 1 to 10 how bad is your craving? with 1 being you don’t crave for it and 10 being you just want to put it in your mouth.
- Once you know your level of craving start the EFT tapping sequence.
- To know what the tapping sequence is or how to frame your sentences while using EFT just download our Free Booklet or join one of our Emotional Freedom Techniques Practitioner Training Seminars.
- Continue to measure you craving levels and continue the tapping sequnce till the level is really low and you are comfortable with the feeling of craving.
Every time you crave something just start tapping for only a minute. Eventually you will realise that you don’t crave that substance any more.
It’s that simple.
With EFT it is really easy to eliminate cravings. These cravings may not necessarily be an eating disorder and may even have underlying deep emotional issues. For example – I realised that I craved a bar of chocolate only when I didn’t feel loved.
It is really important to get to the root of the issue and eliminate it from there for longer lasting results.
I am still a work in progress, however I now know how I can live a happier, healthier craving free life.
I still enjoy that occasional bar of chocolate, the guilt I had when I ate that is no longer there.
What if there was a craving that you really wanted to eliminate?
Then your next step would be to attend EFT Trainings are in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
Love Donita & Team Vitality
For the full calendar of events, which includes EFT as well as Breakthrough Coaching wth NLP.
If you have not already you can download a free booklet on EFT.
Other articles you may be interested in: