When you say the word "addiction", what comes to your mind? Alcohol, cigarettes, drugs? We tend to think of addictions only in terms of such intoxicating substances.
What we really don't realize is that addictions of any kind are not always something you want to live with all your life.
It's not just the cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs that are harmful addictions, but everything that is consumed excessively. It slowly disrupts your health and life.
We know that there are physical, mental, emotional, social, and even spiritual forces that play a role in making us feel attached to certain things in such a way that it's hard to break free from those.
But with each layer of understanding, comes a greater opportunity to help those who struggle to free themselves from an addiction that has become destructive.
HOW TO overcome coffee addiction WITH EFT TAPPING THERAPY
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT): EFT Tapping for Coffee Addiction.
First Use EFT Tapping On What It Feels Like To Drink Coffee
Explore the physical sensations in the body associated with the addiction and use the physical tension tapping process to reduce the sensations.
Then use the EFT Tapping Points Process taught in detail during EFT Practitioner Training Online.
To get started, begin by investigating the physical nature of Your Addiction
Connect with the addiction and notice where you feel it in the body. Then use the EFT Tapping for Physical Tension taught in detail during the EFT Practitioner Training to clear the surface feelings and feel calmer.
Briefly, you can begin by asking yourself the following questions to explore further:
- Where in the body do you experience this addiction?
- What is the colour, texture, size, shape of it in the body?
- What are the sensations like? For example rough or smooth
Then measure the level of Addiction by asking:
"What number is the addiction at, where 10 is really high and 1 is not high at all." Just go with whatever comes up spontaneously, without thinking too much about it.
Begin by Tapping on the Karate Chop or Side of the Hand:
"Even though I feel this addiction and I feel it in my [part of the body where there is addiction] and it's at a number 6 and it's red in colour and it feels rough, I deeply and completely love and accept myself." (Repeat 3 times).
Then Tap on the facial and upper body EFT Tapping Points using these phrases:
- Eyebrow: This addiction...
- side Of the Eye: So addictive...
- Under the eye: Addiction in my chest..
- Under the nose: It's a red colour...
- Chin: At a number 6...
- Collarbone: So rough...
- Under the arm: This addiction...
- Thumb: I feel it in my chest...
- Index Finger: So addictive...
- Middle Finger: Really addictive...
- Little Finger: The colour red...
Close the sequence by coming back to the EFT Karate Chop Tapping Points and repeat once:
"Even though I feel addicted and I feel it in my chest and it's at a number 6 and it's red in colour and it feels rough, I deeply and completely love and accept myself."
Take a gentle breath in and out and take a sip of water.
At the end of the EFT Tapping, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- What number is the addiction at now?
- What happened?
- How does it make you feel?
You can repeat this process by going back to Step 1 if you feel like the number could come down a little more.
Then Discover Past Experiences Of Feeling Addicted And Clear Them
Explore memories related to the physical tension and use the Tell the Story & the Movie Technique to clear it.
To uncover the memories linked to the symptoms of addiction, you can ask questions like:
- When have you felt these sensations before?
- What do these sensations remind you of?
- When did the sensations start? What happened?
- Was there ever a time when you did not experience these symptoms?
- What can trigger and bring on the symptoms?
Identify past events linked to the feeling of this addiction and resolve it with the help of tapping therapy.
You can ask the following questions:
- When have you felt like before?
- What happens to trigger it?
- Who or what triggers the feeling ?
These questions will identify your past experiences associated with the addiction.
Explore Any Limiting Beliefs That Prevented You From Being Addiction-free
Limiting beliefs are thoughts that can be conscious or unconscious and can end up becoming responsible for self-sabotage, procrastination and low self-esteem, in an individual.
For addiction, first uncover the limiting beliefs which can either be at the surface level or associated with the deeper root memories. Then shift them from stressful to empowering. For example,
- “Something bad is going to happen” to “Everything is going to be OK"
- "It is not safe" to "I am safe now"
Close With Positive EFT Tapping For Overcoming Addiction:
Examples of a positive tapping sequence might be:
- “Even though I felt addicted, now, I am open to feeling free.”
- “Even though I was living with this for many months, now, I open myself to the possibility of being free."
In summary, EFT is a very powerful tool to deal with the symptoms of addiction. By using EFT Tapping, you can also reduce tension, promote a deeper mind-body connection, and manage symptoms of anxiety, depression or stress.