How can you get your New Year’s Resolution to work?
Happy New Year! – How can you get your New Year’s Resolutions to work?
The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals. – Melody Beattie
One of my favourite things to do on New Year’s eve is set goals or resolutions for the new year, only to realise that I did the same thing every year until recently without meeting my goals.
Most of you may go through the same cycle of setting goals or resolutions for the new years and not meeting it. Why you may ask? How come we set the right goals, And most of the times even work towards it, but not meet it!
There could be a million reasons to not meeting our resolutions, the year has passed and it doesn’t even matter. What matters is how can we meet them in the future.
Here are some tips that helped me meet my goals effectively:
- Set ‘realistic goals’ – This is the first and basic step to be able to to meet your goals.
- Get to the root of the goal – The main purpose is to understand where this goal or resolution comes from and does it really matter, because subconsciously if it doesn’t you’re never going to make it.
- Set baby steps – Each goal has to be divided into a sub – goal with a lime limit so that you can meet your goals on time every time.
- Be prepared for change -This is a big one as some goals may manifest an external change in our environment, and if we’re not, the universe has a way of not giving that to us.
- Find out the reason for not meeting the goal– Sometimes there may be secondary gain attached to no achieving the goal. For example, if someone wants to lose weight and they are not able to stay off junk food, there could be a possibility that they benefit emotionally from eating all that junk food.
- Lastly be happy and know that you are doing your best at all times, and that you are special anyway, so you don’t really need to beat yourself up.
From me to you, you’re already winners and I wish each one of you the best of luck and a Happy and a Prosperous New Year!
Other articles you may be interested in:
For the latest schedule of all our courses, visit Calendar.