Human Being Rules
Rules for Being Human
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant or stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error experimentation. The ‘failed’ experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that that ultimately ‘works’.
4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it you can then go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. ‘There’ is no better than ‘Here’. Wherever you are in life is ‘Here’. From any ‘Here’ there will always be a ‘There’ that looks better. However, this is an illusion. When your ‘There’ has become a ‘Here’, you will simply obtain another ‘There’ that will, again, look better than ‘Here’.
7. As without, so within. Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. You were born with the most sophisticated nervous system that four thousand million years of biological evolution has been able to create. However you were not born with an instruction manual. This course is an attempt to remedy this, and these skills will enable you to find the answers to life’s questions which lie inside.
10. You will forget all of this!