Welcome to the EFT Community
Congratulations on attending the Introduction to Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT).
On this page are the resources promised during class: the summary of the tapping process, jin shin jytsu and energy medicine exercises.
The 7 Steps to the EFT Process
- Identify the problem by asking yourself, what am I stressed about and how does that make me feel?
- Measure the problem by asking yourself on a scale of 1 to 10, where is high severity what number is the problem at.
- Tap the Karate Chop of one hand gently with the middle three fingers of the other hand, and say and believe the following statement three times: “Even though I am faced with…(state specific, detailed problem – what you feel, the severity number), I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- Tap each point seventimes as you say a phrase from each problem’s statement. Repeat key phrases out loud while tapping on the followingpoints.
- Eyebrow – at the edge of the eyebrow just above the nose
- Beside theeye – on the bone bordering the outercorner of the eye
- Under the eye – on the bone just under the eye
- Under the nose– between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip
- Chin – midway between the point of the chin and the lower lip
- Shoulder– at the junction where the breastbone, collarbone,and first rib meet
- Under arm – under the arm about 10cm from the armpit
- Thumb – on the outside of the thumb, in linewith the base of the nail
- Index finger – on the side of the index finger closest to the thumb, in linewith the base of the nail (refrainif pregnant)
- Middle finger – on the side of the middle finger closest to the index finger, in line with the base of the nail
- Little finger – on the side of the little finger closest to the ring finger
- Karate Chop– on the edge of the hand(refer to diagram)
- To begin the final clearing stage, repeat step 3
- Relax, inhale gently, then exhale gently. Take a sip of water.
It is important to drink water to flush out thetoxins that this treatment will release.
- To test the results, measure the problem again from 1 to 10. Notice how the problem and associated emotions have been altered in severity. If any emotional charge persists, repeat all step still you feel liberated.
Jin Shin Jhysu Exercises taught during class
Finger holds for Relaxation
During our time together I also shared the finger holds with you. This is based on a Japanese Ancient medicine known as Jin Shin Jhytsu (JSJ).
Hold the fingers one by one and keep breathing noticing yourself coming into stillness and just this moment. Breathe in for 6 and breathe out for 6.
A great way to remember which finger has which emotion is CLEAR Worry FAST. Thumb = Worry (sucking the thumb as a child), F-Fear, A-Anger, S-Sadness & T-Trying Too Hard. Then place the palm on palm to harmonise despondency. Breathe in and out 9 times and hold for 20 minutes to open into the Ocean of Bliss. Repeat daily as part of a self help stress relief and relaxation routine.
Below you will find some energy medicine exercises
Cross Crawl to balance energy - excellent to overcome learning difficulties and energy imbalances integrating left and right hemisphere
I have placed either the i tunes or you tube link to the music played in class. You can purchase on-line or in any good music store.