How To Use EFT Tapping For Stress Elimination?
Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life
What did you do the last time you were stressed or traumatised? Did you hold on to it or just let it go? Did you suppress it and build on the layers of unwanted emotions?
At times suppressed emotions can lead to discomfort or even an intense emotional disturbance causing the natural flow of life to be disrupted in areas of health, wealth and even career. As we already know, stress is caused by multiple factors and not just external one's. There can be internal issues that lead to stress as well, like a negative outlook on life, having irrational thoughts about situations, or even overthinking about things that are imaginary.
Some other common reasons due to which stress takes place, include:
- Financial situation
- Major life changes
- Relationship issues
- Low self-esteem
- Loss of a job, loved one or possession
- Retirement and/or imprisonment
These conditions are not permanent though and the right intervention can help you get rid of all the stress and trauma easily and effectively.
It is quite simple to identify stress in others or ourselves; some common signs and symptoms of this unpleasant feeling are:
- Loss of appetite
- Inability to think straight
- Memory problems
- Isolation and anxiety
- Substance use and/or abuse
- Racing pulse and feelings of fatigue
- Moodiness and/or irritability
Although stress is a common feeling, it could lead to serious mental or physical problems if it escalates. However, there are some methods to treat or handle stress, like
- Learn to prioritise situations in a way where you control how you allow it to affect you. Once you realise that something is not worth stressing over, you'll be able to live a much relaxed life.
- Reaching out and contacting people who make you feel good about yourself is also a good stress reliever. Quite a lot of times, we feel like no one understands us whenever we get stressed, but communicating with loved one's will help you feel calm and soothe your nerves.
- Since stress can take place due to burnouts, taking a break is a must. If you continue the same routine and not stop to just take a breath, it will affect your mental health negatively. Taking a 15 minute break every two to three hours will help to avoid burnout stress.
- Resting is very important when it comes to stress. It is like a circle - if you don't rest well, you feel stressed, but you're unable to rest if you are stressed; even though this vicious cycle is dreadful, it only gets worse with time, and the only thing you can do, is meditate and allow yourself to relax for a while, get into a calm headspace, so it will help you get the sleep you require.
- Another method that will help you to eliminate stress, is EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques). EFT is clinically proven to eliminate stress and unwanted emotions such as anger, guilt, hurt, fear and sadness by just tapping on acupuncture points and saying out loud your truth also known as "truth statements".
New to EFT? Learn how EFT Tapping heals
Emotional Freedom Techniques (tapping) is clinically proven to lower stress, tension, anxiety, past-trauma to enable health, happiness and vitality.
The steps are simple and easy to use when learnt from a qualified EFT Practitioner and while any form of a healing technique is sometimes viewed with a little bit of skepticism, our alumni have had the most dramatic results:
- Mahalakshmi helped her mom clear her back pain in 15 minutes
- Jayant increased his income through clients
- Mallika overcame her fear and phobia of cockroaches
- Nihal & Marie Christie became free from fear of confined spaces (Claustrophobia)
How To Eliminate Stress By EFT Tapping
Step 1: Identify what you are stressed about.
Explore the physical sensations in the body associated with stress, and use the physical tension tapping process to reduce the sensations.
Then use the EFT Tapping Points Process taught in detail during EFT Practitioner Training Online.
Step 2: Uncover the memories or past events related to that feeling.
Explore past memories related to the physical tension and use the Tell the Story & the Movie Technique to clear it.
To uncover the past memories linked to the symptoms of stress, you can ask questions like:
- When have you felt these sensations before?
- When did the sensations start? What happened?
- Was there ever a time when you did not experience these symptoms?
- What can trigger and bring on the symptoms?
You can ask the following questions:
- When did the sensations start? What happened?
- What do these sensations remind you of?
- When have you felt stressed before?
- What happens to trigger the stress?
These questions will identify your past experiences associated with stress.
Step 4: Use the EFT process to clear the past stress.
Identify past events linked to the feeling of stress and resolve it with the help of tapping therapy.
Connect with the stress and notice where do you feel it in the body.
Then use the Physical Tension taught in detail during EFT Practitioner Training to clear the surface feelings and feel calmer.
You can then begin the process by asking the following questions to explore further:
- Where in the body do you experience the stress?
- What is the colour, texture, size, shape of the stress in the body?
- What are the sensations like?
Stress can sometimes be felt in a specific location like the heart and/or chest. The symptoms can involve the migraines, racing pulse, irritability.
The important thing is to use your specific words to describe the stress.
2. Measure the intensity of your stress by asking yourself:
"What number is the stress at, where 10 is really high and 1 is not high at all."
Just go with whatever comes up spontaneously, without overthinking about it.
3. Begin by Tapping on the Karate Chop or Side of the Hand EFT Tapping Points:
- Even though I feel anxious and I feel it in my chest and its at a number 6 and it's red in colour and it feels rough, I deeply and completely love and accept myself (Repeat 3 times).
4. Then Tap on the facial and upper body EFT Tapping Points for Stress using the phrases:
- Eyebrow: This stress
- Side of the eye: So stressed.
- Under the eye: Stressed in my chest.
- Under the nose: It's ____ in colour.
- Chin: At a number ____.
- Collarbone: So ____.
- Under the arm: This stress
- Thumb: I feel it in my chest.
- Index Finger: So stressed.
- Middle Finger: Really stressed
- Little Finger: It's the colour ____.
5. Close the sequence by coming back the EFT Karate Chop Tapping Points and repeat once:
- Even though I feel stressed and I feel it in my chest and it's at a number 6 and it's red in colour and it feels rough, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
6. Relax: Take a gentle breath in and out and take a sip of water.
7. Test: At the end of the EFT Tapping for Stress Elimination, you can ask yourself the following questions:
- What number is the stress at now?
- What colour is the stress now?
- How does it make you feel?
You can repeat this process by going back to Step 1 if you feel like the number could come down a little more; if not, you can stop the process.
Step 5: Gain a greater understanding and the reason for the stress.
Step 6: Close the process with love and acceptance, better yourself here.
Identify positive tapping sequences to close the EFT Tapping Therapy for Stress Elimination.
An example of positive tapping is "Even though I was stressed, that was then and this is now, I choose to be calm now."
Then hold the thumb to calm the body and mind and release any residual stress. You can also use the Jin Shin Jyutsu finger hold process to eliminate stress.
One of the biggest reason of stress is the pent-up feelings that we keep inside instead of expressing them. Using EFT, you can express your emotions in the most effective way without hurting the feeling of others.
Expressing your feelings can save you from the unwanted feelings that you are carrying within you.
Dr Rangana Rupavi Choudhari (PhD)
P.S. Want to discover if EFT is right for you? Book a Complimentary Discovery Call.
HOW TO SELF HEAL & BECOME AN EFT PRACTITIONER
Discover how EFT can help you to self heal or to become professionally qualified as a Certified EFT Practitioner. Emotional Freedom Techniques (tapping) is clinically proven to lower stress, tension, anxiety, past-trauma to enable health, happiness and vitality.
In summary, one of the biggest reasons of stress is the pent up feelings that we carry unconsciously. You need to identify the feelings associated with stress ans resolve them. EFT is one of the clinically proven techniques to resolve those underlying emotions.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is purely for educational purposes and does not in any way replace the requirement for medical and psychological diagnosis and treatment. Please do seek professional medical and psychological diagnosis and advice for all medical and mental health conditions. It is advised to always book any consultations with qualified professionals.
Learn Emotional Freedom Techniques for self healing or to become professionally qualified - More
Our other seminars:
For the full calendar of events.
Other articles you may be interested in: