Jin Shin Jyutsu
Jin Shin Jyutsu is based on Japanese medicine and induces relaxation and healing by cleaning the energy channels within the body. It can reduce the effects of stress and brings balance and harmony within the body creating a deep sense of peace and calm. JSJ is a touch therapy and involves holding energy centres within the body in specific sequences, known as a flows. It is a gentle and non-invasive treatment and recommended as self help tool to relax, rejuvenate and release tension. Below are 2 self help flows that can be used daily and shared during EFT Training:
Main central flow – to cleanse the energy centres in the front and back of the body releasing tension and relaxing the body. It is good on waking up to clear away any built up stress or at night to fall asleep. Recommend daily to harmonise and energise.
1. Place the fingers of the right hand on the top of the head (where they will remain until step 6). Place the fingers of the left hand on your forehead between your eyebrows. Hold for 2 to 5 minutes or until the pulses you feel at your fingertips synchronise with each other.
2. Now move the left fingertips to the tip of the nose. Hold them there for 2 to 5 minutes, or until the pulses synchronise.
3. Move the left fingertips to your sternum (centre of your chest between your breasts). Stay there for 2 to 5 minutes or until the pulses synchronise.
4. Move your fingers to the base of your sternum (center of where your ribs start, above the stomach). Hold them there for 2 to 5 minutes, or until the pulses synchronise.
5. Move your fingers to the top of your pubic bone (above the genitals, center). Stay there for 2 to 5 minutes, or until the pulses synchronise.
6. Keep your left fingertips in place and move your right fingertips to cover your coccyx (tailbone). Hold for 2 to 5 minutes or until the pulses you feel at your fingertips synchronize with each other.
Note: The right hand remains on the top of the head while the left hand moves down the body until the final step.
Opposite fingers and toes – this is good as a self help to clear fatigue and allow relaxation. You can also apply to another person who may be in hospital or coma or with heart or circulatory challenges.
2. Then the index finger of the left hand to hold the 4th toe on the right foot (next to little toe)
3. Then the left middle finger and right middle toe
4. Then left ring finger and right second toe
5. Then left little finger and right big toe
6. Then the plan of the left hand with the sole of the right foot
7. Then switch sides and allow the right thumb to touch the left little toe.
8. Work through each finger and toe combinations to remove toxins and re-energize and regenerate the whole body.
The History of JSJ
According to the Kojiki Record of Ancient Things, A.D. 712, which remains in the Archives of the Imperial Palace in Japan, Jin Shin Jyutsu predates written record. For millennia JSJ was verbally passed from generation to generation.
In the late 1940s Mary Burmeister, a Japanese American visiting post World War II Japan, by chance met Jiro Murai, a Master of Jin Shin Jyutsu who applied JSJ on himself to cure an incurable life threatening condition. Upon his recovery he devoted his entire life to documenting and spreading the ancient art in Japan and asked Mary to bring this gift of life to the West.